I've cruised "Web 2.0" over the summer, and concluded -- at least for now -- that Linkedin is my top choice for online business networks on government contracting.
Until LinkedIn added the new Q&A forums, I wasn't sure why I accepted my friends' invitations to "link" when I already had them in my contacts database. Q&A changed that. Now, I can specify the topics I want to follow -- for example, government contracts, small business, and marketing -- and:
- Informally survey my own contacts -- for market research, ideas, or new connections
- Put out a question to the whole LinkedIn network
- Showcase my expertise by answering OTHERS' questions
- Refer business to my friends
- Support my colleagues by giving their best answers a high ranking