Can you supply staffing services to state and local governments?
Patty De Dominic thinks so. Serving those clients built her staffing services company to over $200 million, to become the tenth-largest employer in California. She sold her multi-million dollar business after the LA Business Journal named her, in 2006, the CEO of the Year.
I asked her, "What advice would you give someone who wants to win government contracts?" She said,
- Make sure you have a good product or service to offer.
- Look for ways to differential yourself in an arena that the buyer already knows they need then prove your worth.
- Empower the people who give your organization the strength and depth it needs to serve big and demanding clients well.
- Under promise and over deliver.
- Develop time management skills, so you can prioritize and do the most important things first.
Her next project is a book, and she invites your stories via her blog at http://www.thenewnewworldofwork.com/. Check it out and get yourself some visibility in her book.
She also coaches high achievers at DeDominic & Associates, http://www.dedominic.com/. Capitalize on her 27 years of experience; she's eager to share what she knows. The first coaching session free. Contact Patty via Patty@dedominic.com.