As I write this, Hallowee'n is upon us...and who among government contractors dares to say that magic is dead? Anyone who wins has mastered the fine art of turning paperwork into gold.
Not sure how that happens? Learn FAR Part 4, Administrative Matters, and you don't need a magic wand. Seriously, you've got to complete certain applications and registrations in order be eligible for a government contract. These don't guarantee you'll win anything...but you can't win without them. Roz, here (or YOUR friendly neighborhood contracting officer) wants your paperwork -- like:
- A properly signed contract (FAR Part 4.1)
- Registration in the Central Contractor Registry (FAR Part 4.11) and
- Online Representations and Certifications (ORCA, FAR Part 4.12)
- Safeguard classified information within the industry (FAR Part 4.4)
- Report contract actions to the Federal Procurement Data System (FAR Part 4.6) and track achievement on mandatory small business subcontracting plans (FAR Part 4.14) and any Stimulus-funded spending (FAR Part 4.15)
- And KEEP your paperwork (FAR Part 4.7, Records Retention)