Clues To Opportunities You May Be Missing
The FARS say all opportunities worth more than $25,000 have to be published in FedBizOpps, right?
- Nope! Clue words include "urgent", 8(a), "perishable", "national security", "commercial items" and "under Simplified Acquisition Threshold"... but don't guess! Learn about them all in FAR 5.202.
- Looking for a small job to launch your track record? Here's how buyers publicize opportunities worth more than $10,000 but less than $25,000 (FAR Part 5.101)
- FAR 5.4 says government can also use other methods do publicize opportunities, including traditional advertising. That could be an opportunity for marketing communication firms to offer services to procurement shops, if there is an extraordinary requirement that the buyers expect will be hard to meet.
- FAR 5.404 encourages Federal agencies to publish procurement forecast information. Find those forecasts online 24/7 at Acquisition Central.
- Looking for Stimulus-funded work? FAR Part 5.7 says how those have to be publicized -- both pre- and post-award.