Get Competitive, With FAR Part 6
When I teach an intro procurement class, someone complains that government business always seems wired for somebody else.
"Wanna know how to get sole-sourced?" I ask them. Everyone's ears perk up. "It's in the FARS."
FAR Part 6 gives you these secrets that help experienced contractors win:
- When things must be competed, and what "Full and Open Competition" means (FAR Part 6.1)
- The small businesses set aside you might not know about (Can you name all five? See FAR Part 6.203)
- When federal buyers can sole-source (FAR Part 6.302)
- How to justify being sole-sourced (FAR Part Part 6.303)
- When competitions must be based primarily on price ("Sealed Bidding" -- FAR Part 6.4)