Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Guys Who Rattle My Cage

GSA...NOT the Universal Panacea

I was just reading Washington Business Journal's regular columnist on government contracts -- often has good tips I like to pass along. I met Bill Gormley years ago when he was chief of GSA (and I have compliments for him in tomorrow's blog!). But his recent column made me growly.

I disagree with those who say "If you want to do business with the government, the best way to start is to get a GSA Schedule contract..."

(Here's why...)
  • Think twice if you're getting that advice from someone who conveniently happens to offer services to help you GET a GSA Schedule contract.

  • The BEST way to start is to figure out whether or not selling to the government makes sense for your company in the first place, and then how the government buys what you offer.

  • GSA Consultants with integrity are genuinely cautious about promoting Schedule Contracts as the keys to the treasure chest

    What do YOU think?

    Did YOU shell out big bucks for a GSA Schedule and then win nothing? What's YOUR Story?

No comments: